Travelodge has created a Top 10 list of the books most often left behind by guests in their hotel rooms. The company says that about 7000 books are left behind at their hotels each year, rejected by the readers rather than to be taken home to be dislayed on the bookshelf. Mostly these books are dull autobiographies, cheap romantic fiction and thrillers. This summer, however, a lot of book with hints and suggestions how to save money were also abandoned.
In one of the more unusual finds for Travelodge's cleaning staff, one guest left behind the titles "How to Be a Gentleman in Seven Days" and "The Karma Sutra for Dummies".
The top ten most discarded books in hotel rooms this summer:
1. Prezza: Pulling No Punches by John Prescott
2. My Booky Wook by Russell Brand
3. Speaking For Myself by Cherie Blair
4. Don't You Know Who I Am by Piers Morgan?
5. Angel Uncovered and Crystal by Katie Price
6. You and Your Money by Alvin Hall
7. Lessons in Heartbreak by Cathy Kelly
8. Blind Faith by Ben Elton
9. On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan
10. The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
Refereeritud Baltic Stand By ja the Guardian põhjal.